It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

November 10, 2004

Ode to Mr. Ashcroft

Ashcroft is on his way out
you know we shouldn't pout
as nude statues disrobe
glee reigns around the globe
the end of civil liberties drought

I thought I'd write this nice poem for all my friends out there that are happy Ashcroft is resigning. But I'm still kind of scared that Mr. Bush will appoint somebody even worse to be the new Attorney General. And what if he wants to be a Supreme Court Justice. That would make me really sad. Will we have to put robes on all the statues everywhere? Will dead guys get elected to office in all 50 states?

UPDATE: I guess Mr. Bush's pick for AG is Mr. Gonzales. He sounds like a bad boy. Recommending torture and going against the Geneva Conventions are both really, bad things. Instead of being the new Attorney General, I think he needs to go straight to the principals office for a spanking.