It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

December 27, 2004

Jesus, a Communist???

Evidently, my big brother, has done a bit of Bible reading over the holidays and come to some startling realizations.

Acts 4:32-37
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of
his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. With
great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the
Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. There were no needy
persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or
houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the
apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.


I also like his version of Matthew 25

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed
by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since
the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you cut my food stamps, I
was thirsty and you poisoned my water, I was a stranger and you shunned
me as a foreigner, I needed clothes and you let me freeze on the street,
I was sick and you cut my health insurance, I was in prison and you came to torture me.'


And let's not forget:
...I wanted an education and you cut my Pell Grant.