It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

January 10, 2005

Armstrong Williams Refers to "Others"

Armstrong Williams alludes to there being "others" like himself that were paid off by the Bush Administration to yip-yap about how great his agenda is.

And then Williams violated a PR rule: he got off-point. "This happens all the time," he told me. "There are others." Really? I said. Other conservative commentators accept money from the Bush administration? I asked Williams for names. "I'm not going to defend myself that way," he said. The issue right now, he explained, was his own mistake. Well, I said, what if I call you up in a few weeks, after this blows over, and then ask you? No, he said.

I remember in second grade, I was caught with a boy playing doctor. I didn't want to get in trouble, so I told my mommy that my friend did it too. I thought maybe I'd get in less trouble if she knew that all the kids did it. But instead, my friend got in trouble too, and she was mad at me. Rather than learning not to play doctor (because even now, I still haven't given up that vice), I learned not to rat your friends out. Maybe Mr. Williams skipped second grade and never learned that lesson.

But fortunately, we have the Freedom of Information Act, so maybe we can find out who these "others" are that are/were on the payroll of the Department of Bush Administration Propaganda. It's a good thing they didn't have the Freedom of Information Act in second grade, or I'd still be grounded.

From David Corn by way of Atrios