It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

January 14, 2005

Sometimes George Bush Makes Me Sad

When I read stuff about what the Bush Administration and their supporters do, sometimes I get mad, and sometimes I feel outraged, and sometimes what they do is so funny, that I roll on the floor and almost pee my pants.

But when I read this post, The Unfeeling President, by way of my big brother, I just felt sad.

How then can he mourn? To mourn is to express regret and he regrets nothing. He does not regret that his reason for going to war was, as he knew, unsubstantiated by the facts. He does not regret that his bungled plan for the war's aftermath has made of his mission-accomplished a disaster. He does not regret that, rather than controlling terrorism, his war in Iraq has licensed it. So he never mourns for the dead and crippled youngsters who have fought this war of his choice.

He wanted to go to war and he did. He had not the mind to perceive the costs of war, or to listen to those who knew those costs. He did not understand that you do not go to war when it is one of the options but when it is the only option; you go not because you want to but because you have to.


Why come Bush has to be such a meanie? I know Christmas is over, but maybe if the ghost of Christmas Present or Christmas Future would come visit him, he would realize what a Scrooge he is, and then be nicer.

When Tiny Tim said "God Bless Us, Everyone," I'm pretty sure he meant everyone, not just rich Americans.