It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

February 26, 2005

BTK Rumors

Watching the BTK news conference, I was a wee bit disappointed so far. They haven't tell us anything yet, and quite frankly, 37 minutes into it, I'm bored. They just congratulated each other.... Yea Nola!! Yea Police Chief!! Yea Attorney General Phil Kline - (evidently taking a break from digging through teenagers abortion records).

I was going to live blog it, but there just wasn't much to report. So...... in the blogging tradition of making shit up and helping to spread unconfirmed rumors, and also being blessed with knowing some goons in Wichita which is rife with said unconfirmed rumors, here goes...

Goon #1 reports:
BTK is Dennis Raider or Raydor or something like that. He's 59 and worked as a compliance officer or dog catcher or something like that. He's from Park City, KS, which is just outside Wichita. Was a Boy Scout leader. He's married and has two kids. He was active in Christ Lutheran Church, and was the chairperson of the parrish council.

Goon #2 reports:
Confirmed everything Goon #1 had to say with the added bonus of what his neighbors had to say. Most of the neighbors thought he was creepy wierd, but thought his wife was really nice. But one lonely neighbor had nice happy things to say about the serial killer.

Well that's about it. Stay tuned for more....

4 Comments:

  • At February 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's hilarious! You're following the BTK guy.

    I have to say, as uncreepy as I am, I always follow this stuff religiously.

    There's a great website for just this kind of perverse fascination:

    http://www.crimenews2000.com/

    And also, http://www.crimelibrary.com

    Hmmm. The more I think about it, maybe I am creepy!

     
  • At February 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot again. That above comment was by me.

    Ricky

     
  • At February 27, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    Let's just say, hypothetically of course, that I grew up in Wichita. So, my interest may be more related to mom, apple pie, and local gossip than it is to following a serial killer.

    But regardless, I think the big question here, is... are you creepy or not?

     
  • At February 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's an impossible question. Only a seriously creepy person would rush to say that they're not creepy.

    Never trust a person who swears that they're not creepy.

    Me? I'm just fascinated by everything.

    Ricky

     

Post a Comment

<< Home