It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

November 15, 2004

But I don't want you to leave....

It really makes me sad to see Colin Powell go. He seems like such a nice man. And those nice men in the CIA, like Michael Scheuer are leaving too. I understand that they didn’t like their boss, but they still shouldn’t leave. My mommy used to work at Burger King, and she didn’t like her boss and she quit. But this is the U.S Government. It isn’t Burger King.

Since the bad people are in charge now, it’s really sad to see the good people leaving just because they are fed up with dealing with the bad people. This is our country, not just a fast food joint, and it makes me sad to see all the nice people quitting because of a few people that treat them mean. I’d think if Mr. Powell and Mr. Scheuer really care about our country they would stay and try to make things better, even if they have to deal with a mean boss.

We need the likes of Colin Powell and Michael Scheuer to keep our foreign policy and intelligence nice and smart and good. Mr. Bush and his goons are scaring off all the clever people and hiring drones that simply do his bidding. And that scares me because I want to see my country stay around a long time.

Today, I took my dog to the dog park, and this mean lady was yelling at my dog and I got really mad at her. But, instead of leaving, I stayed. It’s my dog park, and I can’t let the mean people take over. If I would have left, the mean people would have won. And I can’t let that happen.