It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

November 29, 2004

Governor Bush is Mean

Jeb Bush is trying to keep ex-felons from voting even when they should have their rights restored. Before 1991, they would automatically have them restored after a certain amount of time.

But now, the ex-felons have to go to a three-minute hearing to try to get to vote again. And then they can be denied without anyone telling them why. I don't think that's very fair for the ex-felons. If they have done their time and paid for their crime, then they should get to vote again. And I think it's a waste of my mommy's tax dollars to pay people to hold these three-minute hearings. I bet that's a really boring job.

I think Jeb Bush is just being mean and tyring to keep minorities from voting. And a lot of ex-felons are minorities and a lot of them vote Democrat. He's a bad boy and needs to go to the principals office for a spanking.