It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

December 03, 2004

Mr. Falwell and His Big Decision

Mr. Falwell was on Crossfire last night. Mommy was out drinking, and I had a babysitter so I didn't get to watch it. But luckily, Wonkette gives us some of the finer points in the conversation:

MATTHEWS: How old were you when you chose to be heterosexual?
FALWELL: Oh, I don't remember that.
MATTHEWS: Well, you must, because you say it's a big decision.
FALWELL: Well, I started dating when I was about 13.
MATTHEWS: And you had to decide between boys and girls. And you chose girls.
FALWELL: I never had to decide. I never thought about it.

So, isn't Mr. Falwell proving the point that one's sexual orientation is not a choice? We are either born to like boys or girls and we can't help the way we were born.

So, because of what Mr. Falwell said on TV last night, when I get to be 13, if my mommy doesn't let me date I can say "But mom, Jerry Falwell got to date when he was 13, so why can't I?" Thanks Jerry for giving me that naughty idea. And I'm going to tell my friends too.


2 Comments:

  • At December 04, 2004, Blogger cookie christine said…

    You stay away from my doggie.

     
  • At December 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Last night while I was playing with my friends one of my buddies told me I should date a dumb rich boy. This made me sad that my friend thought this is what I needed. Then I told myself only a silly boy would come up with that one. I may not know who I want to date yet but I have 2 1/2 years to wait until I can start dating. So are you gonna date the cute boy next door when you turn 13, or hold out for that perfect looking Barbie Doll girl?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home