It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

August 06, 2005

Kitefliers

I saw The March of the Kitefliers last night. It's a play written by two local Tampa fellas, Neil Gobioff and Shawn Paonessa.

It was phenomenal! The script was exceptionally witty, and they even played a bit from my favorite Pixies tune!

The show was hilarious! I laughed the whole way through. In fact between all my snorts and guffaws, I darn near peed my pants a few times. So if you go, bring your Depends. You'll need them. It's playing through Aug 21st.

And the show's message is great too. Don't lose sight of the dreamer and the child inside yourself. Or, as Tom Robbins puts it:

The lesson of the beet, then, is this: hold on to your divine blush, your innate rosy magic, or end up brown. Once you're brown, you'll find that you're blue. As blue as indigo. And you know what that means:

Indigo.
Indigoing.
Indigone.


The show was fantastic! I left thirsting for an uber grande caramel mochafrapelatte, wanting to hook up with Sam, and hankering to donate all my money to the Jobsite Theater.