It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

April 18, 2006

The Decider in Chief

In his always clever use of the English language, George Bush offers these words of support for his embattled secretary of defense, Donald Rumsfeld.

"I hear the voices, and I read the front page, and I know the
speculation. But I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's
best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."


He listens to the little voices in his head, reads only the front page of the newspaper (which is quite an improvement from when he just read the headlines), finds out that six retired generals come out dissin' on his secretary of defense, and now he's decidin' that Rumsfeld should stay.

Now don't get me wrong, decidin' is hard work. Seeing all the evidence of how Rumsfeld was involved in the non-planning for post-Saddam Iraq and now that he's been directly linked to prisoner abuse in Guantanamo, you'd think in the process of all that gruelling decidin', Bush would have made a different decision.

But they've got another illegal war to plan, and I think Bush realizes that since Rumsfeld did such a heckuva job in Iraq, that he's just the man for the job in Iran.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home