It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

February 10, 2005

Bad Boys, Bad Boys

Laura Bush talked to Michele Norris from NPR yesterday about bad boys and how she doesn't want them to join gangs and stuff.

"I feel like, in the United States, that we've sort of shifted our gaze away from boys for the last several decades, and that we've neglected boys," Mrs. Bush says.

However, I'm not sure how that's all going to work, when her husband is proposing budget cuts that will drive them deeper into poverty. But I'm willing to do my part and gaze at boys a whole lot, and I promise I will never neglect them. Especially the cute ones.

UPDATE: My mommy was looking at the NPR transcript and couldn't help but notice the caption under the picture that says "...The SMART Moves program teaches teens decision-making skills to deal with drug and alcohol abuse and premature sexual activity." My mommy says that the best way for boys to deal with premature sexual activity is to slow down, relax, take your time, and try to 'make her happy.'