It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

February 08, 2005

$39 Million More for Abstinence Education

It looks like Mr. Bush decided to add $39 million to the teaching-abstinence fund. What a silly man. Now I'm all for being a good little girl and not letting icky boys touch me, because they have cooties and stuff. But when I get older, I may not feel the same way. And if I do, I want to make sure I know thee facts and not a bunch of lies. And I also want to make sure I don't catch any diseases or have a baby when I don't want one. If he paid any attention to the studies out there about it, then I think the funding for abstinence-education would have fallen into the ineffective category and been eliminated.

But those funds for Medicaid, health insurance programs for the poor and disabled, farmers' payments, student loans and veterans medical services, by golly, those must be really ineffective, because he cut them a lot.

I know that the deficit is really high and we have to cut stuff somewhere, but why can't we cut the stuff that hurts people instead of the stuff that helps people.