It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

March 16, 2005

Wolfowitz - The World Bank's Density

George McFly from Back to the Future, Paul Wolfowitz has been nominated by Mr. Bush to be the head of the World Bank.



Wolfowitz: World Bank, my density has brought me to you.
World Bank: What?
Wolfowitz: Oh, what I meant to say was...
World Bank: Wait a minute, don't I know you from somewhere?
Wolfowitz: Yes. Yes. I'm Wolfowitz, Wolfowitz. I'm your density. I mean... your destiny.

As Ezra so eloquently puts it:
Bush is nominating Wolfowitz to head the World Bank. Wolfowitz. Sorry, just have to say that a few times to make it feel real. Wolfowitz. A guy who knows nothing about economics. Wolfowitz. A guy who's detested by Europeans as a main architect of our foreign policy. Wolfowitz. A guy who licks his comb.