It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

April 08, 2005

The National Press Club Thingy

So, I wanted to watch the National Press Club thingy that Ana Marie Cox, Matthew Yglesias and Jeff Gannon were on where they talk about bloggers and journalists. I heard it was going to be on CSPAN2 at 8pm. I dutifully came home from the dog park at 7:30 and found that my TV has CSPAN and CSPAN3, but not CSPAN2. But I did find it out there on the internets and was able to watch it from there. I thought it was only going to be half an hour, but it's closer to an hour and a half.

My impressions were for one, that it's kind of a dry topic. And one very difficult to come to a consensus on. Kind of like one of those discussions about what love is or what is evil. It all means something different to each person.

Also, I expected both Ana and Matthew to be more polished, and I was amazed how nervous they acted, especially at first. They are like my heros, and their voices are cracking and Ana said 'Um' like a million times. But they are bloggers (or journalists, depending on your point of view), and they likely don't have tons of public speaking training, and neither do I. I can only imagine how nervous I would be in a situation like that, so it was really quite inspirational.

But not nearly as inspirational as that first pint of Bass is going to be. So, I'm not going to watch the whole thing. Mmmmm.... Beer.....

1 Comments:

  • At April 09, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    Butt, unfortunately they didn't broach that topic.

    And maybe that's why it seemed kind of dry. When you have Ana and Jeffy on the same panel, that should at least be a side point, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home