It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

June 14, 2005

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton

Now if this tune doesn't fill you with Southern Pride, I don't know what will.

This catchy little number called My Sweet Farm Girl was was written in 1931 by Clarence Ashley.

My sweet farm girl, she's jolly of my pride
My sweet farm girl, she's jolly of my pride
She knows I know how to keep her satisfied

So early in the morning I cut her grass you bet
So early in the morning I cut her grass you bet
Pull up the hose; I keep her lawn all wet

I close her fire; I shake her ashes down
I close her fire; I shake her ashes down
We eat our breakfast, then we ride on back to town

I keep her garden all free from bugs and weeds
I keep her garden all free from bugs and weeds
I plow her land, and then I sow my seeds

I trim her hedges; I clean out her back yard
I trim her hedges; I clean out her back yard
She loves her daddy because I'm long and hard


From South of the Suwannee via Sticks of Fire

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of pertinent political commentary today, but listen to this little ditty and you'll forget all about the mess those rascal Republicans have made of our great country.

But if you must, here's some links:
The Path of the War - A handy dandy timeline that shows just how George Bush lied his way into war with Iraq

Strange Fruit - Disturbing stuff on lynch mobs and a nice little list of those Senators who wouldn't vote for anti-lynching legislation

And I was just thinkin'. If you use Neil Cavuto's reasoning, it's my fault that the Downing Street memo isn't getting the attention it deserves. If I wasn't so busy posting these dirty lyrics, we would have gotten George Bush impeached already.

I'll be a good girl and do better tomorrow. I promise.

2 Comments:

  • At June 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don'y get it, cookie...what's "dirty" about a guy help a woman with her yardwork?

     
  • At June 15, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    Oh Jerry!

    It's not the size of the garden hose that matters, it's how you use it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home