It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

June 11, 2005

Quote of the day

One of my operatives wrote in with this juicy little morsel. One mustn't read the news while drinking Rolling Rock. And anyway, it is from Newsweek, so I know it's hard to know if was really, truely spoken or not, but here it is.

He says nearly 500 holes have been drilled in Israel in the past 50 years by geologists looking, unsuccessfully, for oil. "I don't know of any other area in the world this small that has been poked so many times."

Of course, he's never met my friend Wendy...

5 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I'm your househusband, can Wendy come over a lot?

     
  • At June 12, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    Absolutely not!

    She lives in Kansas and she only comes over about once a year. Good thing too, because it takes the city of Tampa a good year to recover.

    And if she ever mentions anything about a chess piece, that was so her and not me.

     
  • At June 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A chess piece? It was the bishop, wasn't it?

     
  • At June 12, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    Well it depends who you ask. Wendy thinks it was me and the bishop, but I know it was her and the rook.

    And evidently, she is not talented enough to post a comment, so she sent this email:

    "Ohhhh.....just you wait....chess piece girl.....just you wait....you'll
    get
    yours!!!! Just think....you're stuck with me for a whole weekend
    coming
    up.....oh yeah.....mmmmhhhhmmmm....I'm gonna hafta start thinking in a
    devious manner on how to deal with you now!!!!"

     
  • At June 13, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    No Ricky, I don't think so. But feel free to dream all you'd like.

    I think she's up to something more sinister. Perhaps something involving a Mexican bus driver and a flouta.

    But I really hope she's reading this, because I'm guessing no one else is privvy to her portentious schemes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home