It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

July 12, 2005

Presidential Hopefuls Behaving Like Eight-Year Olds

This is just too precious.

As first lady in the Clinton administration, Clinton wrote "It Takes a Village," arguing that a community is an important part of a child's development.

Recently, Santorum, a social conservative, authored "It Takes a Family," aimed at countering Clinton's message


[...]

Clinton has kept mum on Santorum's book, until Tuesday, when the two senators passed each other in the basement of the Capitol.

"It takes a village, Rick, don't forget that," Clinton called out.

"It takes a family," he countered.

"Of course, a family is part of a village!" she replied.

The two continued on in opposite directions.


Yes folks, these two both have designs on the Presidency in 2008.

Later Santorum could be heard down the hall mumbling "I know you are, but what am I."

However, a conflicting report states he could be heard blubbering "I'm rubber and you're glue, and whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you," then trailing off with the obligatory remarks on man on dog, all things frothy and a final "Oh huh."

1 Comments:

  • At July 12, 2005, Blogger oldwhitelady said…

    This post is amusing. It made me laugh. Thanks! I have to remember those good comebacks.
    "I know you are, but what am I?"
    "I'm rubber, you're glue..."
    Hee hee...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home