It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

August 03, 2005

Cookie '08

I sure wish I could get a gig like this.

President Bush is getting the kind of break most Americans can only
dream of -- nearly five weeks away from the office, loaded with vacation
time.


[...]

By historical standards, it is the longest presidential retreat in at
least 36 years.

The August getaway is Bush's 49th trip to his cherished ranch since
taking office and Tuesday was the 319th day that Bush has spent,
entirely or partially, in Crawford -- roughly 20 percent of his presidency
to date, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS Radio reporter known for keeping
better records of the president's travel than the White House itself.
Weekends and holidays at Camp David or at his parents' compound in
Kennebunkport, Maine, bump up the proportion of Bush's time away from
Washington even further.


And when I'm president, there will be no wars and I will make sure that legislation passes that everyone 'just get along.' Ricky will be my vice president/house husband and be required to fulfill his duties in nothing but a Speedo. In addition, everyone gets ice cream on his or her birthday!

2 Comments:

  • At August 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Cookie!

    If my wife is home all the time on vacation, well, that really defeats the whole purpose of being a house husband.

    No, Cookie, you're going to need a very demanding job. A lot of travel. A lot of late evenings.

    After all, I don't just have cooking and cleaning, and shopping to do.

    I've also got an X-Box.

    Believe me, you and your career will really spare us the acrimony.

    And maybe alimony.

     
  • At August 04, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    well if you are going to be that way about it, I'll go git me another vice president/house husband. I'm sure you and your X-Box will live happily ever after.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home