It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

August 02, 2005

Diagnosing the Monkey

As we all probably know by now, Rafael Palmeiro of the Baltimore Orioles tested positive for steroid use and is now suspended for ten days.

Then he sort of apologized and asked for forgiveness from the fans.

"I hope fans understand I've worked very hard over a long career," said Palmeiro, who played 10 seasons with the Rangers and lives in Colleyville. "I made a mistake, and I'm facing it. I hope people learn from my mistake. I hope fans forgive me.

"It's a hard lesson for me, and I will face it like a man. I will take my punishment and come back strong."


Faced with the medical evidence and a pseudo-confession from Palmeiro, our Preznit still doesn't believe his friend could possibly have violated the MLB's steroid use policy. Is he crazy?

"Rafael Palmeiro is a friend. He testified in public and I believe
him," Bush said, referring to Palmeiro's denials under oath to a
congressional committee on March 17. "He's the kind of person that's
going to stand up in front of the klieg lights and say he didn't use
steroids, and I believe him. Still do."


So now, let's play a little game. Let's all put on our psychology hats and try to diagnose our Preznit. What disorder does the leader of the free world have, that he would completely ignore obvious evidence and say something so stupid?

Which psychological disorder does he have?
a. Delirium
b. Schizophrenia
c. Delusional Disorder
d. Shared Psychotic Disorder
e. Something different (please elaborate)

2 Comments:

  • At August 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All of the above, cookie, but "e" could be Flaming Asshole. Then that leaves "f" though "zz" for anyone else to decide.

     
  • At August 02, 2005, Blogger Gordon said…

    He's a dry drunk with an inferiority complex who is easily led.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home