It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

August 24, 2005

Reinforcing Success

Let's say you're working on a project. You're making good progress, things are going along swimmingly. Everything is happy and rosy and you're darned proud of yourself for doing such a swell job. Do you call in 1,500 more people to help you?

I didn't think so.

The Pentagon has ordered 1,500 paratroopers to Iraq to provide security in advance of two upcoming national votes, the military announced Wednesday.

[...]

"This deployment is in support of continued progress," he (Lt. Col. Barry Venable) said. "We are reinforcing success."

I've got some yard work to do this weekend, and I'd like to reinforce my success and have about 1,500 people come over and help. It's not that the weeds are out of control and I have a chinch bug issue and there's pine needles all over and the grass hasn't been mowed in two weeks. But I swear, it's just to reinforce my success!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home