It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

September 13, 2005

Knowing Who's in Charge of FEMA is Hard Work

Evidently I wasn't the only one out of the loop yesterday. While I was kickin' back on the couch watching Underdog save the world (much more effectively than anyone in the current administration, by the way), and now ex-FEMA head was resigning, Our Leader, George Bush was blissfully unaware.

Q: Can you tell us, have you accepted the resignation of Michael
Brown, or have you heard about it?

THE PRESIDENT: I haven't -- no, I have not talked to Michael Brown -- or
Mike Chertoff; that's who I'd talk to. As you know, I've been working.
And when I get on Air Force One, I will call back to Washington. But I've
been on the move.

Q: Our understanding is he has resigned, he's made a statement. Would
that be appropriate --

THE PRESIDENT: I haven't talked to Mike Chertoff yet, and that's what I
intend to do when I get on the plane. You know, I -- you probably -- maybe
you know something I don't know, but as you know, we've been working,
and I haven't had a chance to get on the phone.


Really, why should the president know who's in charge of disaster management after the worst natural disaster to ever hit our country?

Details.

2 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2005, Blogger rod said…

    "As you know, I've been working."

    "As you know, we've been working."

    Chances are, when someone tells you something more than once, and you didn't ask them about it in the first place, they're probably not telling the truth.

    So for "I've/We've been working," read: "As you know, I've been riding my bicycle and watching football."

     
  • At September 13, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    And who is this "we" he's refering to? Does he have an invisible friend? Or an evil twin?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home