It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

September 13, 2005

Knowing Who's in Charge of FEMA is Hard Work

Evidently I wasn't the only one out of the loop yesterday. While I was kickin' back on the couch watching Underdog save the world (much more effectively than anyone in the current administration, by the way), and now ex-FEMA head was resigning, Our Leader, George Bush was blissfully unaware.

Q: Can you tell us, have you accepted the resignation of Michael
Brown, or have you heard about it?

THE PRESIDENT: I haven't -- no, I have not talked to Michael Brown -- or
Mike Chertoff; that's who I'd talk to. As you know, I've been working.
And when I get on Air Force One, I will call back to Washington. But I've
been on the move.

Q: Our understanding is he has resigned, he's made a statement. Would
that be appropriate --

THE PRESIDENT: I haven't talked to Mike Chertoff yet, and that's what I
intend to do when I get on the plane. You know, I -- you probably -- maybe
you know something I don't know, but as you know, we've been working,
and I haven't had a chance to get on the phone.


Really, why should the president know who's in charge of disaster management after the worst natural disaster to ever hit our country?

Details.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home