It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

December 01, 2005

The St. Pete Times Poet Laureate

Howard Troxler, from the St. Petersburg Times is on fire today with the limericks!

My favorite:

In Hillsborough County today
You'd best not be Muslim or gay
We got the most votes
And will ram down your throat
Our majority 'Murr-i-can way.


However he must have been under pressure (time or editorial pressure?) and neglected to say something about the great honor which Bill O'Reilly bestowed on the St. Pete Times. So, I figure I ought to help him out.

To be on O'Reilly's list
Is an honor I must insist
I worship from afar
the great ones that are
for I'm afraid I was missed.

4 Comments:

  • At December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Howard Troxler is great to read and when I send him an e-mail with comments, he always, always responds and with thoughtfulness. I doublt O'Riley is capable of thougtfulness. Sorry you missed the list.

     
  • At December 01, 2005, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said…

    I guess it takes a distributor of defamation and false information to know one...

     
  • At December 01, 2005, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said…

    I've only been to O'Reilly's site twice in my life...both times my computer froze up and refused to have any part of it....and that is why I love my computer so much.

     
  • At December 01, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    that's a smart computer you got there!

    my dog barks at both o'reilly and hitler when they are on the teevee.... and that's why i love my doggie so much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home