It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

January 20, 2006

State of the Union Address - What to Expect

Yesterday, our Preznit gave us a sneaky-peak of the venom he plans to spew forth next Tuesday.

After carefully reading this, from USA Today, I have concluded that we should expect lies, bad jokes and an overwhelming sense of nausea.

"Failure to make tax relief permanent is a tax raise on the working
people and the small businesses in this country," Bush said.


Au contraire.... giving the richest 1% of Americans a break on taxes simply pisses of working people and ensures that they, their children and grandchildren will have to pay a higher share of Halliburton's contractor fees for years to come.

Speaking at a family-run moving and storage firm, Bush cracked jokes during a 74-minute presentation that included a question-and-answer session.

When a man complaining of traffic congestion said, "We don't get to
use helicopters," Bush replied, "I won't in three years, either."


Does anyone get that? If so, please explain it to me. And if it's that Bush rides in expensive jets rather than helicopters, that's not funny. It's a bit of a "let them eat cake"-ish kind of response.

Bush said he has not given up on the main topic of last year's State
of the Union: changes to Social Security that include individual
investment accounts. Congress balked, but Bush said something would
have to be done to ensure solvency of the two major entitlement
programs, Social Security and Medicare.

"No matter how hard it may seem for some, I'm going to keep talking
about it," he said.


If we have to endure another year of his loathsome Social Insecurity dog and pony shows, I'm afraid the makers of Pepto Bismol and Tums are going to get very, very rich.

And then we have the phrase, "more attractive, more portable, more individualized." However we're unsure if he's referring to health savings accounts or trading in his wife, who evidently doesn't like politics or politicians, for a new model.

5 Comments:

  • At January 21, 2006, Blogger Neil Shakespeare said…

    "And he had FUN FUN FUN
    Til his daddy took his t-copter away."

    Poor bastard. Thanks for letting me know what to expect, C. Now I have a good excuse for not watching. And if I don't watch I won't vomit. And that's always a good thing.

     
  • At January 21, 2006, Blogger oldwhitelady said…

    Ugh, I can't help but wonder if Laura ever wishes he had been in the other car and not her ex-boyfriend, back when she was a teen.

     
  • At January 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess I'd better go find a good book - Thanks for the warning.

     
  • At January 22, 2006, Blogger Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker said…

    I'll be watching, if for no other reason than the "State of the Union drinking game," and I have a fridge full of domestic beer I need to dispose of.

     
  • At January 22, 2006, Blogger Sylvana said…

    I can not stand to watch the guy talk. It makes me want to throw a chair through my TV.

    But I will get the Daily Show spin on it, and maybe read some of the transcripts - but even that makes me want to vomit and destroy things.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home