It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

January 19, 2006

Fred Phelps is Coming to Town

Ya know, I thought when I left Kansas, I also left Fred Phelps and his band of loonies behind. But alas, they are following me. Fred and the gang from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, KS are coming to Tampa this weekend.

Here's their picketing schedule:
1/22 8:30 - 9:00 AM, St. John's Episcopal Church, 902 S. Orleans
1/22 10:00 - 11:00 AM, Without Walls International Church, 2511 N. Grady
1/22 11:45 - 12:30 PM, Christ the King Catholic Church, 821 S. Dale Mabry
1/22 5:30 - 6:00 PM, Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church, 3501 San Jose
1/23 7:00 - 7:30 AM Newsome High School, 16550 Fishhawk Blvd
1/23 8:30 - 9:00 AM Hillsborough County Schools, 901 E. Kennedy Blvd.

And I just love his reasoning for picketing Hillsborough County Schools.

The God haters that run this school district can most accurately be
described as the roster of the damned! The blood of EVERY SINGLE
student that passes through that district and lands in hell (which
will likely be ALL of their number, lacking NONE) will be required at
their hands by the Lord their God in the great and terrible Day of
Judgment that is shortly coming!


huh?

Steve Otto from the Tampa Tribune suggests that we should "turn the other cheek" and moon them. That is what Jesus taught us to do, right?

4 Comments:

  • At January 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I assumed the same thing when I left Kansas, but he seems to crop up just about everywhere. I remember going to see the Treasures of the Czars exhibit in Topeka (I think) when I was in high school and they were there protesting because there was some in the scholastic world who though that perhaps some members of the Romanof family were gay. I really hate that guy...

     
  • At January 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Picketing "the roster of the damned!" requires a visit to the Devil Rays spring training facility.

     
  • At January 20, 2006, Blogger Gene Cowan said…

    Get yourself one of those t-shirts that says "I'm With Stupid -->" and stand beside them as they protest.

     
  • At January 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will try to make it out to Newsome High and report it to canofwormsblog.com

    -Ben

     

Post a Comment

<< Home