It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

April 04, 2006

The Nastiness of Tom DeLay

Tom DeLay is stepping down, citing the potential nastiness of a continued run to defend his seat in the House.

"I think I could have won this seat but it would have been nasty."

Nasty is when a skanky "big boned" girl in a mini skirt stands up and you discover that she left a pinkish slug trail on her chair.

No, I think a continued DeLay campaign would have just been more of the same humdrum hypocritical and criminal behavior that we've all come to know, love and expect from the Bugman. Hardly in the same category of skanky girls and slug trails, if you ask me.

Wonkette really says it best.

Yeah, we'll miss the old bastard...— he knew how to be a majority
leader, dammit....It's about multiple admonishments from the House
ethics committee, comparing yourself to Jesus, flashing a shit-eating
grin in your mugshot, money-laundering, calling for violent retribution
against activist judges, and contacting six federal agencies to trail
Texas Democrats!


Yes, I'm going to miss The Hammer. I just hope he sticks around in politics in some form and continues to entertain us with his delightful antics -- after his prison sentence is over, of course. Otherwise, I just don't know what would become of I Love Tom DeLay.