It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

November 19, 2004

Hello..... Mastercard?

I think we can learn a lot about financial responsibility from the House of Representatives. When they run out of money, they raise the debt ceiling. Once Mr. Bush signs off on this and stuff, the debt will be 8.18 trillion. That's 70% of the entire US economy. That's a whole lot!

Just like when mommy spends too much money on new clothes and rum, she calls Mastercard and they raise her credit limit. That way she can keep buying things and getting drunk. But I don't think mommy or the House of Representatives know how they are going to pay the money back. I wish they'd give credit cards to little girls because I want to go to Disney World and buy some new toys and a new bike and some new clothes and shoes and maybe some new toys for my friends too and I want a bigger swingset.