It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

January 18, 2005

Fun Times in the Peanut Gallery

One time, my mommy made be go to the birthday party for this stinky boy that I didn't like very much. I made sure to buy him a present that wasn't very fun. And then at the party, I sat in the back with my one friend that was there, and we made a lot of jokes and pigged out on cake on ice cream and had a lot of fun.

I bet that's what it's going to be like for the diplomats going to Mr. Bush's coronation inauguration. They don't like him or his policies, and they didn't want him to be president in the first place. But they have to go because it's part of their jobs. So, they will sit in the back with other like-minded diplomats, eat the yummy food, drink the tasty drinks, and make a lot of jokes.

They may not want to go at first, but then it turns out to be a pretty good time.