It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

February 07, 2005

Yay!!! Another Contest!!

I like games a lot, so when I saw this one, I figured you all should know about it too.

It's the 'Best Jonah Goldberg Nickname Contest.' From what I understand, Jonah Golberg is a mean nasty boy that talks out his tushy about stuff that he really doesn't know much about. Usually I try not to say bad things about other bloggers because we all make mistakes sometimes. But for Jonah, I'm gonna make an exception, because he's been saying some really mean things about some really nice smart people, like Juan Cole, and some other stuff that just isn't right and factual.

This is what Juan Cole has to say about him:
Jonah Goldberg attacked yours truly in a column recently.
I think it is time to be frank about some things. Jonah Goldberg knows absolutely nothing about Iraq. I wonder if he has even ever read a single book on Iraq, much less written one. He knows no Arabic. He has never lived in an Arab country. He can't read Iraqi newspapers or those of Iraq's neighbors. He knows nothing whatsoever about Shiite Islam, the branch of the religion to which a majority of Iraqis adheres. Why should we pretend that Jonah Goldberg's opinion on the significance and nature of the elections in Iraq last Sunday matters? It does not.


So, if you have a good nickname for Jonah Goldberg, you can submit it in the comments section in the above link on Rox Poluli. I haven't thought of one yet, but you have until Wednesday at 5pm.

Some of my favorites so far are:
Goldsphincter
Neo-slob
Jabba the Hack