It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

February 07, 2005

Guest Blogging by Crush from Finding Nemo

Yo dudes, Crush here from Finding Nemo....




I just found out that these mean land developer dudes in Florida are buying permits to kill gopher tortoises. Dude, that is soooo uncool. Gopher tortoises are like my buds, man.

"It's planned and permitted killing that's really appalling," said Matt Aresco, a turtle and tortoise biologist in Tallahassee who recently learned of the total. "You can't find a more gentle, slow-moving animal that goes about life without bothering anybody."

I read this article, and I was, like 'Whoa!' I just couldn't believe that even Disney was getting in on the action. They, like, have a permit to kill 3,254 gopher tortoises. Dude, I just hope no one mistakes me for a gopher tortoise. That would be soooo uncool.