It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

May 02, 2005

Laundry Room Fun

It's way to early to be reading things like this:

Washing Machine Fingers Lazy Male

I'm picturing a washing machine with an extra appendage for the purpose of, ahem... you know, fingering a man. There's always been the standing joke about women and the spin cycle, so I'm guessing men want a piece of the washing machine action too, right? And men certainly don't want to put much effort into their washing machine love toy, so they make it so easy that even lazy men can use it?

Anyhow, this article certainly peaked my interest. But then I started reading it. It's about a washing machine that looks at your fingerprint and does not allow the same person to use it two times in a row. The purpose being to get men to do their share of the laundry. I suppose it's kind of novel, but really. How practical is this?

Let's say it's my week to do the laundry and my man is out golfing. I guess I can just do one load until he gets home. So the perma press load is done, but my delicates are still soiled.

And I think most couples have a system of separation of duties. One person does all the laundry, while the other takes care of the yard, etc. Or maybe each person does their own laundry, but might want to do one load after the other.

I just don't see this as a viable option in most households. However, the washing machine with the appendage..... well that could be hit.

6 Comments:

  • At May 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't even get the seperation of duties--or the "guy" jobs and the "woman" jobs. I think women have totally, once again, outsmarted men.

    Give me the choice between doing the laundry and cutting the grass, I'll take laundry every day of the week, especially in August.

    What kind of an idiot would rather push a lawnmower around for a couple of hours in the hot sun, and pull weeds, and push around wheelbarrows of mulch instead of dump some light clothes in a washing machine, go read a book for a half hour, move wet clothes into a dryer, go take a nap for 45 minutes, and then spend four and a half minutes doing the backbreaking labor of folding?

    Don't even get me started on the rigors of cooking, or dusting.

    Christ, I'd do anything to be a househusband.

    Cookie, you got a good job? I'll keep your delicates clean. Course, when it comes to delicates, I might spend a little too much time, you know, caring for them.

    They might wind up a little too clean.

    But, whatever. As long as I don't have to go out there and work for a living anymore.

    Whoever wants that can have it.

     
  • At May 03, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    I don't know Ricky, I just don't know if I want a guy hanging around the house all day in a Speedo drinking Rolling Rock from a Master Baiter coozie and spending way too much time with my delicates.

    I know it probably sounds glamourous and all to you, but, I just don't know.

     
  • At May 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cookie!

    I only wear the Speedo when I have to do yard work--for the neighbors, you know.

    When I do the laundry?

    Well, let's just say, everything is getting washed.

     
  • At May 03, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    Well in that case, come on down!

    You and my neighbor will get along just fine. We like to call him "thong boy."

    Really, he lays out in a thong and then tells us all about it. It's very creepy.

     
  • At May 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A Ricky Speedo is not a thong.

    Man thongs are just wrong.

    We don't even have to...we won't, uh...we, uh...we can't...

    Well, they're wrong.

    Let's leave the man thongs at that.

     
  • At May 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ricky is speechless!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home