It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

May 12, 2005

No one is coming to Tom DeLay's party

I know that when I have a party and not too many people come, I feel really bad, like I don't have any friends. And I don't like to feel like I don't have any friends. It makes me really sad. But my mommy told me that I should be a better friend, and then more people would like me. So I tried to be a better friend, and by golly it worked. Now lots of people come to my parties.

But this is not the case with Tom DeLay. He's a bad man and everyone knows it. And he doesn't care. He just keeps on being bad, and now no one wants to be his friend.

Yes, Tom DeLay is having a party, and not too many people are coming.

It’s supposed to be the premier right-wing social event of the year — a
tribute (political eulogy?) to House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, scheduled
for this evening. A lavish affair, the event is a special opportunity for Republicans to show their appreciation for the man who breaks the rules
and abuses his power for their benefit.

The amusing part, however, is how few of DeLay’s fellow Republicans will
be there.

When 900 conservatives gather at a downtown Hilton hotel on Thursday
night to pay tribute to Representative Tom DeLay of Texas, the House
majority leader who is caught up in a swirl of accusations over his
fund-raising and ties to lobbyists, only about three dozen House
Republicans will be there.


Dennis Hastert and James Dobson will be showing their support by videotape. Maybe they are afraid they will get cooties in they get too close to the Bugman.