It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

June 16, 2005

Liar, Liar, Bill Frist's pants are on fire

From Think Progress:

Majority Leader Bill Frist this morning on the Today Show:

LAUER: But when you stood on the floor and you said, She does respond, are you at all worried that you led some senators…

FRIST: I never said, She responded. I said I reviewed the court videotapes – the same ones the other doctors reviewed – and I questioned, Is her diagnosis correct?

Frist on Senate Floor, 3/17/05:

I have looked at the video footage. Based on the footage provided to me, which was part of the facts of the case, she does respond.

More from Frist, 3/17/05:

She certainly seems to respond to visual stimuli…


If all the liars up there on the Hill had their pants set on fire, it would be awfully smoky on the right side of the aisle.