It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

July 14, 2005

Young Whiney Republicans

Poor mistreated Nathan Taylor of the Nevada College Republicans got stuck with a $25,000 bill from the Young Republican Convention, and now he's asking Sen. John Ensign, Rep. Jim Gibbons and Rep. Jon Porter of Nevada to bail him out.

"I've got bills at the hotel I can't pay," said Taylor, a 29-year-old
political science senior at UNR who said he had to quit his food service
job and drop classes to plan the convention.

Taylor estimates that the convention, attended by about 600 people from
around the nation, is at least $10,000 -- and up to $25,000 -- in the red.

As the chairman, he said he'll personally have to cough up the cash.

"It's a really sad day when my congressmen and my senator, who are sitting
on millions, can't cut me a check for $25,000," Taylor said. "I don't think
I'm asking for much."


Isn't that just precious? A young republican looking for a hand out. Doesn't he know that if you just work hard and vote Republican, everyone can share in the American Dream??

Representatives of the congressional delegation remained mum on the
press conference, with Porter campaign consultant Mike Slanker simply
saying, "I wish him well in his future after politics."


Ouch!!

Over at Eschaton, Atrios makes the point that the military is offering nice signing bonuses.

So, hey I've got an idea! How about if we have a progressive blogger's all star speedo/t-back mud-wrestling convention in Las Vegas. I'll pay for everything up front, then I'll call up my legislators and ask them to pay for it after the fact.

Who's in??