It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

August 28, 2005

Jobsite Rocks Again!

I've always been of the mindset that you shouldn't go searching for pets or art. Pets and art will find you when the time is right, if you open your mind and allow them to come to you.

I've lived in my house now for almost two years and have had this empty spot on my wall next to the front door. I've looked a little and certainly thought about it a lot, but the right piece just hadn't found me yet.

Well last night at a benefit for the Jobsite Theater, I purchased ten dollars in raffle tickets and won this.




It's a piece by Charlie Doan. He works at Fuma Bella, a tiny bar right across the street from New World Brewery and makes a mean slippery nipple. It was my friend Joey's birthday so we had to do a celebratory shot at midnight.

I had a really good time at the benefit. Joe Popp played some great tunes. I talked to some of the fellas from the Jobsite Theater. They are really great people who didn't even seem to mind that I could barely stand up and form coherent sentences.

An interesting series of car rides transpired on the way home, but I was able to not lose the painting or mess it up, and I made it home OK, eventually. Also the cab driver fell madly in love with me during the final leg of the extended journey home, as I'm really quite charming at 4am when I'm plastered.

1 Comments:

  • At August 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that is what a slippery nipple looks like on drugs. Then again, maybe not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home