It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

October 02, 2005

The Cronyism Continues While the Level of Incompetence Increases

Most of you who come here often know that I don't write much on the weekends. But when something like this comes to my attention, that so glaringly and embarrassingly exposes the incompetence of the Bush administration, I have to point it out.

Karen Hughes, the Under Secretary of, um, I don't know, Propaganda in the Mideast, I think her formal title is, confuses the Constitution with the Pledge of Allegiance. And not only that, but the part that was added in the 1950's to differentiate us pious Americans from the filthy atheist communists.

"...I had one person at one lunch raise the issue of the President
mentioning God in his speeches. And I asked whether he was aware that
previous American presidents have also cited God, and that our
Constitution cites 'one nation under God'. He said 'well, never mind' and
went on to something else. So he sort of was trying to equate that with the terrorists (inaudible). So I explained that I didn't really think that
was something you could equate. And he sort of dropped it and moved on.


With people like this representing us abroad, it's becoming more and more challenging every day to remember why it is we are proud to be Americans.

Thanks to Ricky and Atrios and everyone else who noted this Friday afternoon even after happy hour commenced.

1 Comments:

  • At October 03, 2005, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said…

    If only there was some way the voters could have known about the level of incompetence Bush would bring to the White House...something like, I don't know...a history of driving businesses into the ground, alcoholism, sketchy past military service (or lack thereof), an association with scumbags like Karl Rove...stuff like that. If only we could have known!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home