It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

November 22, 2004

Congress Incompetence Overload

I was wanting to do one more post today, but I've found so much good material that I don't even know where to start. And I want to go home and play with my doggie, so I'll put three posts in one.

There's the anti-abortion legislation that the bad people put in a spending bill (Now, don't ask what anit-abortion legislation is doing in a spending bill, just accept it) that lets some hospitals decide not to let Medicaid pay for abortions. That's really mean because some people don't have very much money and can't travel a long ways to a different hospital sometimes.

And then there's the silly boys that can't seem to agree on what to do with the intelligence-reform bill . Everyone is blaming everyone else and nothing is getting done. They have to come back in December and figure this one out. I hope they do, because we, here in the U.S. need help with our intelligence.

And then there's quote I read by good 'ol Tommy Delay:
"At this particular time, our rules could be used against us and so they fixed the rules so that the Democrats cannot use our own rules against us." Doesn't that sound like a grade school thing to say?

Connress is starting to look and sound a lot more like a third grade class than Congress should. Maybe I should run for Congress.