It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

March 04, 2005

Does Mr. Bush Have a Foot Fetish?

Mr. Bush has been talking a lot lately about "soul."

Karl Rove stressed the importance of Social Security reform on the President's domestic agenda. He said that the President felt in his soul that Social Security reform is vital for the future of the United States.

and regarding Vladmir Putin:

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy and we had a very good dialogue...I was able to get a sense of his soul.

Ezra Klein ponders his connection to the spirit world.

Putin's behavior, of course, didn't quite comport with Bush's soul-reading. I have a feeling Social Security privatization would prove George's connection to the spirit world no more accurate.

Is this word "soul," one of the framed words that will make Americans think he's super-intuitive and should be followed blindly? Or perhaps a ploy to cosy up to African-American voters?

Perhaps. But I have a different take one it. Are the reporters sure he didn't mean "SOLE" instead of "SOUL?"

I'm thinkin' there's some closet foot lovin' going on in the White House. Our first fetishist President! Now, That is something to be proud of!

3 Comments:

  • At March 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I couldn't hold it against him if he did, I love feet.

     
  • At March 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know about feet,but the guy sure seems to have a thing for bald heads.
    If he's dealing with a bald man, he just can't keep his hands to himself.

    (click name for examples)

     
  • At March 05, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    That's great Lance! Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home