It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

April 04, 2005

The Penis Monument



I don't know about you guys, but when I read this, I got all silly and giggly and my face turned a pink-ish hue.

A Dutch war memorial that goes up and down, and spurts flames may be scrapped after complaints it looks like a giant penis.

The Liberation Monument is a giant copper obelisk that rises and falls depending on the level of sunlight, and spurts flames out of the top during important festivals.


[...]

In full sunlight, the erection reaches a height of ten metres, shrinking back to just six metres when the light dims.

It's really getting warm in here.

Thanks to Monumentaal Ontwerper for the nice photo. I'll keep a copy in my nightstand drawer for easy access.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home