It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

May 03, 2005

Rush Limbaugh Apologizes

No, he didn't apologize for this or this or this. He apologized for "dissin" on Clay Aiken fans.

Yes, Rush had the audacity to say this:

"I have never, ever seen American Idol, I don't need to see recycled
amateur shows, I deal with enough amateurs every day in my life anyway."


And boy were those Aiken fans ticked!

Those remarks launched an attack on Limbaugh by multitudes of Aiken
fans, who took it upon themselves to overload the radio host with hate
mail, informing him that the season two Idol runner-up was no amateur.
By Wednesday, Limbaugh--not usually known for backing down--was ready
to surrender and make nice by issuing an apology to Claymates
everywhere on his Website.

"I have been getting swamped," Limbaugh stated on his Website.
"Apparently there's a fan group out there for Clay Aiken, and I am
getting swamped because I have dissed Clay Aiken, that he is different,
that he is better. And I didn't mean to diss anybody. I was just
expressing in passionate terms why I don't watch American Idol. I'm not
putting it down. If you like it, that's fine. I know that I'm in the
minority on this, and as a minority I have rights. And I have the right
here to tell you I don't like it.


It's a sad state of affairs when the people of America are more offended by a remark about Clay Aiken than this, this, or this. And who uses the term "diss" anymore, anyway?

Thanks so much to Media Matters for listening to Rush so I don't have to.

2 Comments:

  • At May 03, 2005, Blogger Sylvana said…

    My favorite part was when Limpbutt started citing his monority rights in this matter. Since when did he start caring about the rights of minorities?

     
  • At May 03, 2005, Blogger cookie christine said…

    Do oxycotin abusers count as minorites?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home