It's Recess-time Somewhere

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Sandbox

March 29, 2006

Did Jesus Teach Money Laundering?

I found this little gem via All Spin Zone. SpinDentist can't seem to get the image of Tom DeLay "loving Jesus too much" out of his head (In a purely heterosexual way, I'm sure).

Here's Rick Scarborough touting the piety of our indicted former House Leader at the "War on Christians" conference.

"I believe the most damaging thing that Tom DeLay has done in his life
is take his faith seriously into public office, which made him a target for
all those who despise the cause of Christ," Scarborough said, introducing
DeLay on Tuesday. When DeLay finished, the host reminded the politician:
"God always does his best work right after a crucifixion."


Now maybe I was absent that day in Sunday School, but I'm pretty sure that Jesus taught love, forgiveness, and compassion, rather than money laundering, conspiracy, gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement.